- College Resources
- Student Loan Code of Conduct
- Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Tuition and Fees
- Ashford Academic Scholarships
- Other Grants and Scholarships
The idea of going to college can certainly be daunting. To help you in your planning process as you maneuver through all of the decisions surrounding such a significant direction to take your life, the U.S. Department of Education has created www.college.gov. This site is a one-stop resource for you to help figure out why you should pursue a college degree, how to get started, and provides additional information on ways to pay for your education.
Student Loan Code of Conduct
Ashford University officers and employees involved in financial aid processes including student loans adhere to the Student Loan Code of Conduct as required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act.
Part of Ashford University’s mission and commitment to our students is to provide accessible, affordable, innovative, high-quality learning opportunities. Financial aid can be a big mystery to many college students, so we’ve partnered with Financial Aid TV to help.
Please follow the steps below to apply for financial aid to attend Ashford University. Please call 800.242.4153 to speak directly to an advisor. Please review the available resources such as Tuition and Fees, Academic Scholarships, and Grants and Scholarships to understand the additional options you have to invest in your education.
- If you haven’t already done so, please complete the application for campus admissions to Ashford University.* Simply apply online or print and submit an application.
- Once conditionally accepted to Ashford University, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list the Ashford University code (code 001881) as the college to receive information.
*You must be accepted by the University before a financial aid disbursement can be made.
Net Price Calculator
The Net Price Calculator will give you a clear estimate of how much it costs to graduate from Ashford University.
Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
Ashford University knows that students face a difficult task in deciding where to enroll for higher education, and that understanding the cost of college—and how to pay for it—can be daunting. Too often, students are left without a clear explanation of what the costs mean or how they compare to other colleges, and as a result, many students leave college with debt that they didn’t fully understand at the time they entered school. Ashford University is committed to ensuring that our prospective students are aware of the financial investment they are making from the beginning and have adopted the Financial Aid Shopping Sheet, to assist in making an educated decision on where to attend school. Ashford University is proud to increase services to students and their families. The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet , part of our commitment to increasing the quality of information for prospective students, will allow you to see simplified financial aid information in a standardized format from a multitude of colleges and universities.
Tuition and Fees
Please review Ashford University's Clinton Campus tuition and fees in the tables below or simply view the Ashford University Tuition, Fees, Room & Board PDF. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
Tuition & Fees 2014-2015:
- Full-time per semester (12-18 credits)
- Part-time (11 credits or less) or in excess of 18 credits (per credit)
- Per credit for audit, senior citizens (age 60 and over) and high school students
(not enrolled in the State of Iowa's Post-Secondary Enrollment Option)
Room & Board Fees:
- Room & Board Fees per academic year if living in campus housing (non-refundable)
- Books (estimated amount per semester, actual amounts may vary)
- Technology fee per semester (nonrefundable)
- Part-time technology fee (per credit)
- Activity fee per semester (nonrefundable)
- Activity fee per credit for less than 12 credits (nonrefundable)
- Insufficient Funds fee
- Graduation fee
- Replacement/Duplicate Diploma
- Official Transcript
- Unofficial Transcript
- CLEP testing fee per exam
- Independent student fee (per credit)
- College of Education Transcript Analysis Fee, for non-degree seeking students who
are not alumni, pursuing endorsements only in the State of Iowa
- College of Education credential file request
- Cost of exam plus $13.00
- Between $3.50 and $30.00
In addition to tuition and fees owed directly to Ashford University, you may incur other costs while you are pursuing your education which will not be billed by the University. The indirect costs that are part of the cost of attendance include books and supplies, room and board (these are paid directly to the University for students living on campus), transportation, and personal expenses as well as loan fees, if applicable. These costs of attendance are based on estimates based on low standards of living using College Board, Living Expense Budget 2013. Each student's Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is subtracted from standard costs of attendance to determine a student's financial need for purposes of packaging financial aid. An estimate of the allowance for these costs for an academic year (AY) is as follows:
|AU Traditional (Dependent Living with Parent)|
|Books and supplies||$1,250||$1,250||$1,250|
|Room and board||$6,300
If you have any exceptional expenses, such as dependent care or disability expenses, that would require modifications to the standard cost of attendance budget, please contact your finance planner. Please be prepared to provide documentation when you make your request for a modification.
Choose Ashford University to earn your college degree. If you have any questions please call 1.800.242.4153 or send an email to email@example.com
Ashford Academic Scholarships
Download the PDF for more information on academic scholarships available through Ashford University.
Other Grants and Scholarships
You may be eligible for additional funding opportunities including grants and scholarships. The steps below will help you determine if you qualify for some of these other opportunities.
- If you're an Iowa resident, consider the Iowa Tuition Grant as an additional source of financial aid. To be eligible for an Iowa Tuition Grant, you must:
- Be enrolled or plan to be enrolled at least part-time (3 hours minimum) in an undergraduate degree program at Ashford.
- Submit your FAFSA and list Ashford University as the eligible independent college to be considered for this grant.
- Explore additional scholarship opportunities that may be available to students who qualify.